Pneumonia is a disease that affects the air sacs in the lungs. A fluid or pus like material is filled in person’s air sacs who is affected by this disease. Pneumonia can be very treacherous for infants, children and for people over 65. People who are affected by chronic disease, including COPD and asthma, are at high risk for pneumonia. The main cause of Pneumonia is germs that may enter into your body while eating, drinking, talking. You can get Pneumonia in your daily life, such as at school or work or while talking with an infected person. Pneumonia is of two sorts bacterial and viral. Bacterial pneumonia usually effect those who have weak immune systems because of disease like AIDS or cancer. However, viral pneumonia is not that serious and usually lasts for a short time span, but it can be dangerous for pregnant ladies and for those individuals who have lung and heart problems.
Symptoms of Pneumonia: There are various symptoms of Pneumonia, some of them are given below:
- Cough with phlegm or pus
- Fever, which may be low or high
- Shaking chills
- Shortness of breath
- Confusion (In people with older age)
Tests to diagnose Pneumonia: Generally, doctors can diagnose Pneumonia by checking your medical history or by taking a physical exam and chest X-ray. However, chest X-ray does not ensure that you have Pneumonia, since it just shows the conditions that may happen with Pneumonia. Below explained are some test that is necessary to diagnose Pneumonia.
- Mucus test: By checking patient’s mucus doctors collects information about the bacteria that is causing the infection. This can further help a doctor to choose the right antibiotic to treat the patient.
- Urine test: This test also helps the doctors to identify some bacteria that cause the pneumonia.
- HIV test: This test is for the patients who have impaired immune system.
In New York Multi Medical care we offer various tests to diagnose and treatments for Pneumonia. We give our patients all the care and support they need to recover. You can contact or visit us for any sort of treatment.